Caraustar Industries, Inc., located in Cincinnati, OH is seeking Experienced Maintenance Mechanic/ Millwright. This position requires a candidate that is able to work in a fast-paced environment and is looking to learn and grow with our company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Responsible for performing process and production maintenance throughout the facility.
Maintenance Mechanic includes but is not limited to: electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, troubleshooting, plumbing, fabrication, parts rebuilding/refurbishing and preventive maintenance with the goal of improving facility and process reliability.
- Assemble, install, repair and dismantle industrial machinery and heavy equipment (pumps, conveyors, bearings). Read blue prints, align machines and equipment using various tools. Perform root cause analysis and identify potential problems and perform corrective actions.
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures. Participates in plant-wide safety, housekeeping and continuous improvement processes (Operational Excellence, Lean Manufacturing, etc.).
- Ensures reliability of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, PLC, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of production machines. Sound electrical background preferred.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; welding, machining and fabrication experience is a plus.
- Contributes to team effort by achieving performance metrics.
- Comply with all OSHA safety and health regulations.