Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
Caraustar's Grand Rapids Tube Plant located in Grand Rapids, MI is hiring for a load puller/stacker in our spiral department. We are seeking a candidate that is able to work in a fast-paced environment and is looking to learn and grow with our company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Safely and efficiently load and build outgoing loads of tubes and cores onto pallets and racks while securing in appropriate and safe stacking method.
- Verifying quantities needed with winder operator.
- Regularly empties trash receptacles and maintains a clean warehouse and working area.
- Safely operates banding equipment, saws and other necessary facility equipment.
- Open communication with all levels regarding location challenges, solutions and business impacts.
- Working conditions vary depending on the season. Temperature variations are real aspects of the work environment. Must be able to regularly lift up to 100 lbs with assistance and spend long amounts of time stooping, reaching, bending, climbing, standing or walking.
- Minimum education required— High School Diploma or GED.
- Trained to operate woodworking machines, saws and tools.
- Basic math skills, accurate with a tape measure and micrometer.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge a plus.
- Experience driving a forklift a plus.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed