Plans and establishes production schedules in accordance with customer requirements. Supervises shipments of finished goods and ensures a timely delivery to supersede customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Print new orders daily and determine production schedules for the product produced and consult with Machine Superintendent as necessary.
- Have daily meeting (on-site or phone) with key people at mill to review backlog, trials, machine issues/changes/updates, converting schedule challenges, shipping challenges, and order sequencing.
- Monitors daily production reports and adjusts schedule as necessary. Inform Machine Superintendent, Customer Service, Converting, and Shipping of any issues/changes with the schedule.
- Each day maintain machine schedule 72-96 hours in advance, and utilize the trim optimization program.
- Maintain inventory programs and utilize inventory on orders before scheduling.
- Maintain daily backlog report and distribute to RFG, S&OP, MG, and Sales groups.
- Work closely with CSR’s and Shipping on delivery expectations/failures in a proactive manner.
- Maintains direct communications with internal customers in regards to orders and deliveries.
- Manage trim sales and customer lever report.
- Schedule trial orders and follow trial procedures.
- Initiate corrective actions, process the investigation and corrective action when necessary.
- If scheduling remotely, visit the mill monthly to review mill/converting capabilities/changes.
- Ensures efficiency of safety and housekeeping programs, and enforces rules and regulations.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Writes releases as necessary to meet customer delivery schedules and arrange appropriate transportation of board shipments with shipping manager.
- Focus on inventory management and push to move odd lot and side trim internally.
- Dispose odd lot stock in economic terms. Utilize downgraded stock in a timely manner.