Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Plans and establishes production schedules in accordance with customer requirements. Supervises shipments of finished goods and ensures a timely delivery to supersede customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Print new orders daily and determine production schedules for the product produced and consult with Machine Superintendent as necessary.
- Have daily meeting (on-site or phone) with key people at mill to review backlog, trials, machine issues/changes/updates, converting schedule challenges, shipping challenges, and order sequencing.
- Monitors daily production reports and adjusts schedule as necessary. Inform Machine Superintendent, Customer Service, Converting, and Shipping of any issues/changes with the schedule.
- Each day maintain machine schedule 72-96 hours in advance, and utilize the trim optimization program.
- Maintain inventory programs and utilize inventory on orders before scheduling.
- Maintain daily backlog report and distribute to RFG, S&OP, MG, and Sales groups.
- Work closely with CSR’s and Shipping on delivery expectations/failures in a proactive manner.
- Maintains direct communications with internal customers in regards to orders and deliveries.
- Manage trim sales and customer lever report.
- Schedule trial orders and follow trial procedures.
- Initiate corrective actions, process the investigation and corrective action when necessary.
- If scheduling remotely, visit the mill monthly to review mill/converting capabilities/changes.
- Ensures efficiency of safety and housekeeping programs, and enforces rules and regulations.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Writes releases as necessary to meet customer delivery schedules and arrange appropriate transportation of board shipments with shipping manager.
- Focus on inventory management and push to move odd lot and side trim internally.
- Dispose odd lot stock in economic terms. Utilize downgraded stock in a timely manner.
- College Graduate preferred
- High School Diploma required with at least 2-4 years experience in related field.
- Knowledge of standard practices, concepts and procedures is desired.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Organizational and communication skills a must.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed