Job Description: Co-op for Mechanical Engineering students at Caraustar’s Mill Operations
Job Location: Fitchburg, MA 01420
Time Slots Available For 1 Position each semester:
- Summer semester 2018; Fall 2018
Mechanical Engineering position at our Fitchburg, MA location. The complex produces 330 tpd (tons per day) of 100% recycled paperboard designed specifically to manufacture corrugated boxes.
- Plan, implement and lead assigned projects
- Create ACAD drawings and details as required to support individual and departmental projects
- Develop material lists, cost estimates and budget inputs
- Lead small project in process monitoring, investigation, and optimization
- The Candidate May be Involved in: Equipment Reliability and Uptime Improvement Projects, Waste Reduction Initiatives, Root Cause Failure Analysis, Preventive Maintenance Systems
- Follow safe work practices at all times
- Sophomore or higher level in Paper Science and Mechanical Engineering.
- Prior experience preferred, but not required.
- GPA of 2.8 or higher.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (required)
- Experience with CAD (AutoCad LT), Database (SharePoint)
- Self-motivated and ability to work well in team environments.
- Pay Rate: $20.00/hr
- 40 hrs/wk
- Restricted overtime
- Co-ops will be responsible for finding their own living arrangements
- Formal two-way performance evaluation at end of semester
- Co-op summary report on semester projects and day to day tasks
- Provide good talent pool for future permanent positions.
- Requires willingness to work in a paper mill manufacturing environment.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed