Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products, seeks a Cutting Operator to join our thriving Plant in Welcome, NC.
This position requires a candidate that is able to work in a fast-paced environment and is looking to learn and grow with our company. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
The Saw Operator role, under supervision of the Production Supervisor, is responsible for setting up and adjusting saws on winding lines. This is a hands-on position that requires mechanical aptitude and independent judgment.
- Prepare saw and make adjustments as necessary for each work order using hand tools. Perform changeovers between work orders to meet specifications
- Assist winder operator with installation and adjustment of mandrel during setup process
- Communicate with winder operator, keeping him/her abreast of quality concerns, equipment issues and material counts
- Perform periodic quality checks to ensure compliance to specifications and/or COAs
- Remove finished cores from saw drop table and manually stack them onto pallets, racks or into boxes
- Maintain good housekeeping on line by sweeping work area, clearing waste/debris and cleaning dust and/or glue from the saw
- Capable of performing other duties assigned by management as required
- Mechanical aptitude
- Physically able to lift up to 30 lbs repetitively, 50 lbs occasionally, 100 lbs with assistance
- Able to work in a labor intensive position. Lifting, standing, bending, twisting and stooping for up to 12 hours per day
- Ability to use hand tools including wrenches, grinders and utility knives
- Ability to read various measurement equipment including tape measures, calipers and micrometers
- Ability to read and interpret work orders to understand machine setup requirements
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed