Set up, adjust and maintain assigned equipment with responsibility for production and quality on this equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Participates in plant-wide safety, housekeeping, and Lean Manufacturing programs.
- Analyzes mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, lubricant and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Install and repair equipment, piping and machinery according to blueprints, drawings, manufacturer manuals and specifications.
- Has knowledge and experience to use available tools and measuring/test equipment to install, repair and maintain equipment and machinery: hand tools, power tools, lift trucks, cranes, hoists, etc.
- Makes preventative maintenance checks, lubrication and inspection rounds of assigned equipment. Takes appropriate actions and reports findings to supervisor.
- Uses available CMMS maintenance software (MegaMation) to access work orders and safety documents, initiate work orders, close work orders after enter closing comments after completing task.
- Qualified welder (MIG, TIG, ARC, oxyacetylene, brazing/soldering, failure analysis, etc.)
- Fabricate piping systems from basic flow diagrams or sketches.
- Notifies maintenance supervisor of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, and of quality problems or supplies needed.
- Electrical experience, troubleshooting, control along w/PLC would be a plus.
- Be able to read wiring schematic
- Ensures a safe and healthy workplace environment.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Requires oiling and greasing equipment as necessary.
- Optical alignment of industrial motors and pumps a plus.