Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Develops business performance analyses, financial models and management reporting for the BI&A group. Provides rigorous analytical and technical support to help drive strategic projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic partner to sales, operations and senior management in business improvement and optimization
- Strong understanding of financial modeling, forecasting, variance and trend analysis and experience with Excel and other modeling tools
- Ability to analyze and manipulate complex data and financial reports, in order identify critical business improvement opportunities and communicate effectively with management team (MS ACCESS, SQL)
- Understand optimization methodologies such as Linear Programming and Optimization
- Develop clear and concise business performance reports with the ability to present information through visual (charts and graphs) aids
- Strategically oriented and able to engage in challenging yet productive business debate. Not intimidated by confrontation
- Assist with financial and operational due diligence on potential acquisitions, mergers or divestitures as required, providing assessment of key risks and opportunities for potential opportunities
- Outstanding project and people management skills with a positive attitude
- Must understand and perform detailed work with “roll up the sleeves” mentality but understand the “big picture”
- Track business improvement plans and measure progress against defined targets
- Provide assistance in training sales and operations groups in new processes and tools for the BI&A group
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills in interactions with all functions and levels in the organization
- Support the development of monthly financial reports and dashboards for senior management
- Perform ad hoc analysis and generate reports upon request from management
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required
- Strive for the best, with the unwillingness to accept mediocrity in the level of performance and/or work provided and/or received
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering / Mathematics / Technical Science and at least 2-3 years’ experience (or Masters Degree) in business analysis functions in the manufacturing or process industries.
- Strong understanding of data management systems and data queries.
- Strong Knowledge of statistics, mathematical modeling, and quantitative analysis.
- Experience in developing business optimization models
- Energized by the application of software tools and technologies to solving complex business problems
- Thrives in a project-oriented work environment
- Experience in directly dealing with sales, operations and senior management
- Self-starter a must
- Team leadership skills
- Willingness to accept change
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Very strong analytical skills
- Microsoft Office
- Proficiency using Excel (vlookups, Sumifs, Countifs, If statements, Match, Pivot Tables, etc.) and Access (access, manipulate and transform data)
- Power Pivot and Power Query experience is a plus
- Understanding of data management systems (Databases) and data queries
- Structured Query Language (SQL) (Basic to Medium-level)
- Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) tools a plus
- Experience with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is a plus
- Experience with mathematical methodologies/tools (linear programing, optimization, etc.) is a plus
- Willingness to rapidly develop new software skills
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed