Supervises employees in various departments. Complies with all safety, quality, quantity, and housekeeping standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures. Ensures that Subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Supervises all personnel and operations on the shift.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by effectively scheduling production to meet on-time delivery and adapting schedules to meet challenges. Partner with customer service and commercial teams to provide solutions that drive customer satisfaction.
- Generate daily, weekly, and monthly scheduling related reporting requirements to measure performance to plan. Report machine backlogs and Production Planning KPIs.
- Reports any process and equipment problems. Calls the proper level of management as needed for assistance with problems.
- Organizes work for smooth and efficient plant operations.
- Ensures that established policies, procedures, rules and regulations are followed.
- Verifies correct processing of orders on the shift.
- Drives Caraustar quality system.
- Communicates plant status to the next shift’s Supervisor(s).
- Works with shipping to arrange loading of orders onto trucks.
- Supervises all processes, equipment, employees, safety and housekeeping of the plant. Meets production, quality and quantity standards on the shift.
- Drives change with employees to encourage production goals are met in a timely fashion.
- Works with HR on employee attendance and performance related items.
- Assists lines in maintaining line boards to track down time, productivity, waste, and improvement opportunities.
- Troubleshoots problems.
- Drives safety oriented culture.
- Performs office duties as needed.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.