To provide high quality operations leadership at tube manufacturing site in all areas, including but not limited to safety, profitability, customer service, maintenance, quality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures adherence to all Caraustar policies and procedures, including safety, financial, personnel, reporting, and recordkeeping. Ensures full compliance by all associates with the Caraustar “Standards of Business Conduct Policy”.
- Oversees planning and direction of production activities, including scheduling. Responsible for oversight of operational effectiveness and cost control at site.
- Provides dynamic and stimulating leadership for all associates on site. Ensures full compliance with all Federal, state, and/or local employment laws. Fosters work environment of inclusion, non-discrimination, and non-harassment, in order to provide the optimum learning environment for all associates.
- Reviews, comprehends, and acts upon financial/production reports information, including EBITDAP, tons consumed, pocket margin, safety, and other markers to ensure conformity with objectives.
- Works closely with sales personnel to ensure optimal customer satisfaction. Participates actively in corrective actions to customer concerns or non-conformity of customer specifications.
- Establishes and maintains inclusive, collegial atmosphere with site management team.
- Communicates effectively with maintenance personnel to ensure on-going preventive maintenance schedule for all machinery and equipment, in addition to rapid response to machinery and equipment problems. Continually seeks ways to enhance capability of machinery and equipment.
- Works closely with OPEX initiative to enhance efficiencies and optimize cost savings at facility.
- Ensures a safe and healthy workplace.