Caraustar Industries, Inc., an industry leader in paperboard products, seeks a 1st shift - Cutting Manager to join our thriving team at our Charlotte, NC (Pineville plant). The Cutting Manager will be responsible for organizing, directing and supervising plant production die-cutting operations in our Pineville-based plant. The right candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree, excellent problem solving skills and will be a natural leader. In this vital position, you will have the benefit of working with the resources of a larger organization while maintaining the close-knit culture and open communication of smaller company.
- Responsible managing the Cutting, Die Making and Pre-make Ready departments in a manner that meets the company’s production, quality, waste, safety and cost standards.
- Responsible for the corrective action of any quality defects as it relates to die-cutting.
- Documentation of work instructions for the department.
- Communicates and creates maintenance work orders to address machine repair.
- Attend daily production meetings to provide job status updates.
- Attends weekly start-up meetings to address production and or quality updates.
- Active participate in Operational Management Team.
- Write thorough descriptions of problems, facilitate process to get to a root cause that applies the principals of Root Cause Problem Solving.
- Evaluates direct reports and provides feedback and coaching to employees.
- Available to address customer concerns regarding processes or quality issues.
- Ensures department and employees are following proper procedures with regard to safety, policies and regulatory procedures.
- Works with Safety Team on safe practices and training for the department.
- Provides job performance reviews and counseling for corrective actions and feedback.
- Reviews and approves department payroll and corrects any discrepancies.
- Schedules Cutting personnel to accommodate production needs.
- Reports and acts on all food safety and quality problems reported by plant personnel.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.