Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Responsible for managing manufacturing activities to ensure that business goals are achieved in areas such as: safety, production output, operating efficiency, quality, costs, and employee relations and training.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar policies and financial control procedures.
- Ensures that subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Effectively demands a safe work culture and provides leadership to achieve.
- Oversees production control activities, which ensures material flows through production in support of the production plans to satisfy business goals and customer demands.
- Ensures operation is well staffed and trained.
- Audits Kronos Timekeeper and ensures proper notation of overtime, days off, vacation and any time an employee is working at an elevated job position.
- Manages product mix in production to satisfy existing customer needs and to reduce delivery delinquencies. Ensures proper documentation is maintained.
- Identifies and addresses the need for concentrated or additional work efforts in any bottleneck area.
- Identifies/seizes opportunities and resolves problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Serves as a key interface with senior facility management, department and first-line supervisors, maintenance supervision, hourly employees, technical personnel, and customer service representatives.
- Pursues continuous improvement in production areas using standard improvement based decision making processes.
- Reports to work on a regular and consistent basis.
Fulfills other responsibilities and expectations as may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field and/or 5-7 years’ of competent experience in production management in a manufacturing environment.
- A full working knowledge of Manufacturing Requirements Planning (MRP—a computerized material control program) required. Also procedural knowledge such as QCDR's, squawks, op-sheets, etc.
- Demonstrated effective people-management and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time proficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict in an efficient and timely manner.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed