Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
The Production Superintendent is responsible for establishing a safe work environment, ensuring an efficient production of quality paperboard at lowest cost, and driving continuous improvement utilizing Caraustar’s Operational Excellence (Opex) system to manage the day to day operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a leader of the safety process for the production group; drive the mill safety culture towards an incident free workplace.
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Ensures that subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Support Caraustar’s Opex system and drive the continuous improvement effort of the mill.
- Ensure the timely completion of the production schedule while meeting or exceeding target productivity and cost metrics.
- Plan and execute routine shutdowns required to maintain an efficient operation.
- Lead and coach a team of shift supervisors and hourly employees to develop safe and efficient work practices.
- Assures paperboard quality and customer packaging specifications meet and supersede customer expectations at all times.
- Fulfills other responsibilities and expectations as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college desired with minimum 2 years of paper mill leadership experience OR a minimum 5 years of paper mill leadership experience.
- Experience in utilizing continuous improvement techniques in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must be able to resolve conflict in a proficient and timely manner.
- Experience in a paper mill operation, preferred.
- Good time management skills a must.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Experience working in a union environment a plus.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed