Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Oversees and manages the safety, maintenance and equipment of the facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures. Ensures that Subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Coordinates, arranges and supervises the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance (PM) in accordance with company safety procedures and integrates these PMs into the daily plans of the plant.
- Organizes, determines, leads, and coordinates projects from initiation to completion, including scheduling.
- Assures that major equipment and furnishings are maintained in a safe, operable condition. Arranges replacement components or notifies management of the need to replace.
- Works with all departments to schedule projects and/or develop project scope.
- Coordinates all PM/TPM activities with plant supervisors.
- Evaluates long-term needs in relation to major projects and property improvements, and makes recommendations to Management.
- Develops, implements, reviews, updates and improves equipment records in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), including: entering work orders; entering existing and new equipment; organizing the hierarchy of the equipment; update equipment change outs; closing completed work orders; entering safety documents and SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) that will be linked to the work orders; create and maintain maintenance spare parts inventory.
- Establishes procedures and policies for spare part control to ensure availability to critical spares to support operational efficiency, while being sensitive to working capital considerations.
- Arranges or provides training for personnel as it relates to the safety and maintenance needs of the facilities; May attend training programs relevant to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Ensures that high standards of safety are developed, communicated and met within the department. Create an atmosphere of personal accountability.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures related to maintenance and safety.
- Participates in annual budget preparation as it relates to safety and maintenance of facilities, grounds and equipment and capital projects.
- Completes other assignments as deemed appropriate.
- High School Diploma or GED required, additional education beyond high school preferred (Technical school, college programs, etc.)
- At least 5-7 years of experience in all phases of industrial equipment maintenance.
- Working Knowledge of applicable safety laws and common practices in plant maintenance.
- Considerable tact and human relations skills in interacting with all levels of management and facility employees a must.
- Superior problem-solving skills required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to proficiently multi-task essential.
- Ability to exercise good judgment a must.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed