Oversees and manages the safety, maintenance and equipment of the facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures. Ensures that Subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Coordinates, arranges and supervises the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance (PM) in accordance with company safety procedures and integrates these PMs into the daily plans of the plant.
- Organizes, determines, leads, and coordinates projects from initiation to completion, including scheduling.
- Assures that major equipment and furnishings are maintained in a safe, operable condition. Arranges replacement components or notifies management of the need to replace.
- Works with all departments to schedule projects and/or develop project scope.
- Coordinates all PM/TPM activities with plant supervisors.
- Evaluates long-term needs in relation to major projects and property improvements, and makes recommendations to Management.
- Develops, implements, reviews, updates and improves equipment records in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), including: entering work orders; entering existing and new equipment; organizing the hierarchy of the equipment; update equipment change outs; closing completed work orders; entering safety documents and SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) that will be linked to the work orders; create and maintain maintenance spare parts inventory.
- Establishes procedures and policies for spare part control to ensure availability to critical spares to support operational efficiency, while being sensitive to working capital considerations.
- Arranges or provides training for personnel as it relates to the safety and maintenance needs of the facilities; May attend training programs relevant to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Ensures that high standards of safety are developed, communicated and met within the department. Create an atmosphere of personal accountability.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures related to maintenance and safety.
- Participates in annual budget preparation as it relates to safety and maintenance of facilities, grounds and equipment and capital projects.
- Completes other assignments as deemed appropriate.