Responsible for the oversight and management of the maintenance function of the facility to assure the safety, reliability, cost and maintenance of equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies, financial control procedures, and standards of conduct. Ensures that Subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Manages the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance of equipment.
- Assures that major equipment and furnishings are maintained in a safe, operable condition and/or arrange for replacement.
- Arranges and coordinates safety inspections as appropriate. Follows up on deficiencies and recommendations.
- Participates in the process and function of the plant’s safety committee.
- Ensures that facilities and grounds are maintained in accordance with relevant regulations, agency standards and fiscal consideration.
- Develops, implements and regularly reviews site-specific maintenance logs.
- Evaluates long-term needs in relation to major projects and property improvements.
- Develops, implements and reviews equipment records.
- Establishes procedures and contacts to ensure timely repairs of equipment requiring minor repairs on a frequent basis.
- Tracks and executes monthly R&M spend plan. Effectively uses primary lean tools of LSW, RCPS, and coaching to reduce the maintenance budget and increase machine uptime and reliability to established targets.
- Arranges or provides training for personnel as it relates to the safety and maintenance needs of the facilities; May attend training programs relevant to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Ensures that high standards of safety are developed, met and maintained at facility; ensures a safe and healthy workplace environment.
- Reports to work on a regular, consistent basis during the hours required.
- Works safely on a regular, consistent basis.
- Supports and leads all elements of OPEX activities to include, but not limited to Performance Management, Leader Standard Work, Operator Basic Care, 5’s, Maintenance Reliability and Root Cause Problem Solving.
- Champions compliance initiatives including with all reliability playbooks.
- Meet or exceed performance expectations and targets with regard to KPIs, PM compliance, and reliability gate reviews.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures related to maintenance and safety.
- Participates in annual budget preparation as it relates to safety and maintenance of facilities, grounds and equipment.
- Completes other assignments as deemed appropriate.