Supervises employees in various departments and complies with all safety, quality, quantity, and housekeeping standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Ensures that Subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Supervises all personnel and operations on the shift.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
- Reports any process and equipment problems. Calls the proper level of management as needed for assistance with problems.
- Organizes work for smooth operations.
- Ensures that established policies, procedures, rules and regulations are followed.
- Verifies correct processing of orders on the shift.
- Drives Caraustar quality system.
- Distributes plant status reports to the next General Supervisor.
- Works with shipping to arrange loading of orders onto company trucks.
- Supervises all processes, equipment, employees, safety and housekeeping of the area. Meets production quality and quantity standards on the shift.
- Drives change with Lead Operators to encourage production goals are met in a timely fashion.
- Works with HR on employee attendance and performance related items.
- Assists lines in maintaining line boards to track down time, productivity, waste, and improvement opportunities.
- Completes run sheets.
- Troubleshoots problems.
- Drives safety oriented culture.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.