Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Work with PAB customer service group to complete the paperwork process of the customer orders for production and coordinate shipping arrangements for customer orders.
- Submitting all quotes
- Processing sample requests
- Follow up on trials
- Contact plants to ensure Caraustar is making shipments and meeting deadlines
- Assist warehouse shipping personnel with paperwork, schedules and etc. for shipments.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, as well as the ability to interface and communicate appropriately with all team levels.
- Responsible for a single large strategic account.
- Answer telephone calls, e-mail, and other correspondence and take appropriate action.
- Assist with maintaining accounts payable vendor files.
- Ability to work in JDE for processing accounts payable.
- Ability to work with internal team and corporate accounts payable resolve system issues.
- Comply with Caraustar policies and procedures, including Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy and Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures. Communicates with operations to maintain accurate flow of scheduling and customer needed information.
- Must have the ability to work safely in office and manufacturing environments.
- Some overnight travel and occasional travel between the plant and corporate office.
- Other projects / responsibilities as assigned.
- 2 or 4 year degree required.
- Must have ability to multitask and meet deadlines in fast paced environment.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, and act with good judgment are all essential.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and be a self-starter.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Must have aggressive skills, desire to advance, and the ability manage multiple tasks.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed