Oversees all operations of a single-machine coated recycled paperboard facility in Tama, Iowa.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures. Ensures that Subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Ensures the mill operates safely and in accordance with OSHA, and company policies and procedures.
- Develops a well trained staff.
- Ensures quality meets customer expectations and productivity levels remain high.
- Accountable for Profit and Loss statement.
- Ensures facility is consistent with company and industry best practices.
- Develop short and longer term capital improvement strategy. Assures capital is allocated effectively.
- Supports the sales team, including customer feedback and visits
- Ensures equipment and technology meet customer needs.
- Leads communication efforts.
- Communicates vision.
- Ensures a safe and healthy workplace.
- Supports and leads all elements of OPEX activities to include, but not limited to Performance Management, Leader Standard Work, Operator Basic Care, 5’s, Maintenance Reliability and Root Cause Problem Solving.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.