- Oversees and manages all process controls and instrumentation systems and functions, ensuring cost effective support to maximize efficient mill operations. Is responsible for the installation, calibration and maintenance of automated industrial process control and instrumentation systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Perform root-cause analysis and devise corrective action plans to solve problems. Examine process control and/or instrumentation objects, systems, or facilities; and analyze information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs.
- Requires experience in using, installing, and maintaining Distributive Control Systems, PLCs, and HMI’s (human machine interfaces) ; familiarity with ac/dc variable speed drives, starters, ac/dc controls, motor control centers, and transformers a plus.
- Oversees the mill hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic and instrumentation process functions.
- Contributes to Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I) safety and housekeeping initiatives.
- Participates with other key leaders to ensure effective mill wide safety and house keeping programs to include enforcement of appropriate rules and regulations.
- Competent at reading electrical wiring diagrams and piping layouts, instrumentation drawings, specifications and instructions concerning repair, installation and inspection work to be performed. Applies knowledge of electronic, pneumatic and piping systems, wiring specifications, local and national electrical codes, and properties of various materials.
- Plans details of working procedures and determines logical approach to repair problems.
- Services electrical, instrumentation, pneumatic an electronic maintenance, making operating adjustments as required.
- Accepts responsibility for process control continued professional development by acquiring and maintaining competence through continuing education, experience and professional training.
- Communicates effectively with E&I department to ensure a good understanding of mill goals and priority projects.
- Provides process control services for new installations or revision of existing equipment and systems. Arranges for outside process control support as needed.
- Oversees maintenance of process control and instrumentation files and/or logs to ensure that mill blueprints, instruction books, parts catalogs and other useful information are retained in an orderly and easily accessible manner.
- Identifies and analyzes potential problems, equipment failures and negative trends in equipment performance making appropriate recommendations and/or providing corrective actions as necessary.
- Maintains an adequate process control recordkeeping system.
- Provides mill process control services that result in maximum equipment performance reliability at minimum repair and supply cost.
- Ensures that an adequate inventory of critical spare parts and equipment is maintained to provide minimum disruption of mill operations.
- Be honest, fair and impartial; act with responsibility and integrity Adhere to high standards of ethical conduct.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.