Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Facilitate and execute on all aspects of Operational Excellence including analysis in support of engagements, asset reliability and Kaizens. Drive results for continuous improvement within all URB (Mill) Caraustar locations. Paper and Pulp Industry background preferred.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Under the direction of the VP of OPEX, assist and support site level Operational Excellence engagements in order to establish a value at stake with operational improvement key levers.
- Coordinating with the VP of OPEX and site level leadership, develop site level Operational Excellence transformation plans that are time, activity and value based.
- Track and report on Business Unit OPEX performance in monthly bowling charts.
- Promote the use of Performance Management at Line Level and Plant Level to drill down and drive project focus.
- Plan, organize, and conduct Kaizen events leading as part of the OPEX engagement process.
- Train, mentor and coach on how and when to use Lean Six Sigma tools.
- Participate and facilitate the monthly Business Unit COGS call.
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Industrial Engineering, Paper Science, Computer Engineer, Business Ops, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 1+ years of PNL experience (MUST)
- At least 5+ years of professional work experience in manufacturing / production environment with strong preference in paper pulping industry, corn milling industry.
- Must demonstrate problem solving experience.
- 1 + years of Lean Six Sigma Experience and familiarity in DMIAC preferred.
- Must have proven ability of creating professional presentations using facts and data to craft message.
- Must have strong project management skills
- Proficient with Excel and statistical analysis software
- Travel is required. Depart Monday mornings and return Thursday late afternoon early evening.
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Continuous Learning
- Leads by example - has an unbridled passion for Operational Excellence.
- Influential - able to bring out the best in people regardless of background. Ability to motivate & direct cross functional teams
- Tenacious - sets and achieves stretch goals; meets commitments regardless of obstacles. Detests waste (muda) and constantly looks for ways to eliminate it.
- Team player - has a passion for excellence in people, processes and product. Ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Risk-taker - challenges conventional solutions; creative, thinks out-of-the-box; drives to root-cause.
- Strong, clear, simple communication style
- Absolute personal integrity and credibility
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed