Oversees and manages all electrical, pneumatic, and instrumentation systems and functions, ensuring cost effective support to maximize efficient mill operations. Hold paramount the safety and health of people, the protection of the environment and protection of property.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures. Ensures that Subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Perform root cause analysis and devise corrective action plans to solve problems. Examine objects, systems or facilities; analyze information to determine needed installations, services or repairs.
- Requires experience in using, installing, maintaining Distributive Control Systems, PLCs, Logic programs, instrumentation human interfaces, ac/dc variable speed drives, starters, ac/dc controls, motor control centers and transformers.
- Oversees the mill electrical, pneumatic and instrumentation functions.
- Oversees effective E&I department safety and housekeeping programs with direct responsibility for lockout programs.
- Participates with other key leaders to ensure effective mill wide safety and house keeping programs to include enforcement of appropriate rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate competency at reading wiring diagrams and piping layouts, instrumentation drawings, specifications and instructions concerning repair, installation, and inspection work to be performed. Applies knowledge of electronic, pneumatic and piping systems, wiring specifications, local and national electrical codes, and properties of various materials.
- Plans details of working procedures and determines logical approach to repair problems.
- Services electrical, instrumentation, pneumatic an electronic maintenance, making operating adjustments as required.
- Accepts responsibility for subordinates’ continued professional development by acquiring and maintaining competence through continuing education, experience and professional training.
- Communicates effectively with E&I department, Production, and Management personnel to ensure a good understanding of mill goals and priority projects.
- Provides electrical services for new installations or revision of existing equipment and systems. Arranges for outside electrical support as needed.
- Supervises maintenance of electrical and instrumentation files and/or logs to ensure that mill blueprints, instruction books, parts catalogs and other useful information are retained in an orderly and easily accessible manner.
- Identifies and analyzes potential problems, equipment failures and negative trends in equipment performance making appropriate recommendations and/or providing corrective actions as necessary.
- Maintains an adequate E&I recordkeeping system.
- Provides mill E&I services that result in maximum equipment performance reliability at minimum repair and supply cost.
- Ensures that an adequate inventory of critical spare parts and equipment is maintained to provide minimum disruption of mill operations.
- Be honest, fair and impartial; act with responsibility and integrity Adhere to high standards of ethical conduct.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.