Responsible for the oversight and management of the maintenance function of the facility to assure the safety, reliability and maintenance of equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies, financial control procedures, and standards of conduct. Ensures that Subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Manages the completion of corrective and preventive maintenance of equipment.
- Assures that major equipment and furnishings are maintained in a safe, operable condition and/or arrange for replacement.
- Arranges and coordinates safety inspections as appropriate. Follows up on deficiencies and recommendations.
- Participates in the process and function of the plant’s safety committee.
- Ensures that facilities and grounds are maintained in accordance with relevant regulations, agency standards and fiscal consideration.
- Develops, implements and regularly reviews site-specific maintenance logs.
- Conducts periodic maintenance inspections of facility. Provides a summary of maintenance recommendations and plans to Facility Manager.
- Evaluates long-term needs in relation to major projects and property improvements.
- Develops, implements and reviews equipment records.
- Establishes procedures and contacts to ensure timely repairs of equipment requiring minor repairs on a frequent basis.
- Arranges or provides training for personnel as it relates to the safety and maintenance needs of the facilities; May attend training programs relevant to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Ensures that high standards of safety are developed, met and maintained at facility; ensures a safe and healthy workplace environment.
- Reports to work on a regular, consistent basis during the hours required.
- Works safely on a regular, consistent basis.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures related to maintenance and safety.
- Participates in annual budget preparation as it relates to safety and maintenance of facilities, grounds and equipment.
- Completes other assignments as deemed appropriate.