Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Provide technical support and training to drive continuous improvement in the performance of all aspects of the operation – safety, quality assurance and customer service, productivity, operating efficiencies and cost containment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Perform as a leader providing technical support and training to guide changes to plant process and procedures in order to reduce process variability, improve product performance in customer plants, reduce manufacturing costs and improve operating efficiency.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement process (OPEX) by which projects and activities are identified, defined, developed and prioritized. Examples include facilitating meetings, evaluating recommendations, planning and facilitating the implementation of changes, tracking activities and reporting progress.
- Collect, Record, and Analyze Process Data
- Identify opportunities to improve existing procedures and workflow processes.
- Maintain specified equipment records.
- Purchase specified operating supplies.
- Participate in downtime maintenance and readiness planning and project management activities.
- Provide support and training to employees to improve mill safety and housekeeping programs and procedures.
- Develop and maintain materials and processes related to stock preparation, including refining, paper machine wet end, sheet pressing and drying.
- Train production employees in analytical problem solving and decision making techniques as applicable.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Work safely and actively demonstrates support of the company’s safety initiatives.
- Report to work on regular, consistent basis.
- Bachelor of Science or higher in chemical or mechanical engineering or related degree with experience in process, product or technology development. Pulp and Paper related degree and/or background a plus.
- Pulp and Paper experience is highly desirable
- Process improvement knowledge in a manufacturing environment such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc., to drive operational excellence system is a plus.
- Statistical Process Control knowledge is desired.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and meet/supersede stated objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in data analysis.
- Proficiency in Parcview is a plus.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively both written and verbal.
- Excellent team leadership abilities and interpersonal skills.
- Able to effectively and consistently demonstrate time management skills.
- Ability to adhere to healthy safety practices.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed