The Corporate Accounting Manager has oversight and control responsibilities for accounting related to the company’s Corporate general ledger activities and monthly financial close processes, including financial statement consolidation of all business groups. This includes complex issues such as acquisitions, pension accounting and debt, including being point on managing the audit. Position requires a drive for continuous process improvement, the ability to develop cross-functional relationships as well as an understanding of controls and governance.
- This position will have between 1-3 direct reports.
- This position will report to the Corporate Controller.
- Responsible for monthly consolidation and preparation of financial reports.
- Requires detailed review and analysis of reconciliations, journal entries, accruals, expense allocations, etc.
- Evaluation of current processes and implementation of process improvement.
- Assist in the planning of and participation of the interim and year-end annual external audit.
- Lead the preparation of financial statements and footnotes.
- Research and apply GAAP pronouncements as circumstances arise. Communicate accordingly.
- Work as a business partner with other departments on an as-needed basis to ensure management needs for financial reporting and analysis are met.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures.
- Work with treasury to prepare quarterly bank reporting packages.
- Prepare monthly management reporting packages.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Develops and maintains accounting policies, practices, and procedures, while at the same time effectively managing financial accounting team members.
- Obtains and maintains up-to-date knowledge of all financial reports and general ledger structures.
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close.