Improve the productivity and work quality of the Maintenance Department by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning and coordination of manpower, parts and materials, and equipment access. Planner acts as the liaison between Production, Converting, and Maintenance. Responsible for planning, scheduling, and coordinating all non-demand work performed. Also responsible for maintaining the Work Order System and documentation related to equipment history.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Approach all aspects of the work being performed with safety as the highest priority.
* Plan, schedule and track needed parts, predictive maintenance readings, labor hours and work metrics with long term focus on increased reliability and increased productivity of the workforce.
* Participates in complex-wide safety, housekeeping, and continuous improvement programs (Operational Excellence, Lean Manufacturing, etc.).
* Effectively communicate with supervisors in the Production operational areas to ensure each area gets the needed maintenance service in a timely manner.
* Review the work to be performed and determine the best way to accomplish the work consulting with Leads, Supervisors, Originator, Production Supervisors and Stores as necessary.
* Obtain and organize all information and parts required for the crafts to perform the work: drawings, vendor manual, sketches, notes or any instructional material for clarity. Information and parts to be referenced through the Computer Managed Maintenance Systems (CMMS) system.
* Organizes routine work into job plans for future reference, and develops job plans where one does not exist.
* Update and identify missing procedures, additional parts, tool lists, lock out sheets or other improvements that need implementation before the work is assigned the next time.
* Communicate and manage the status of work control and backlog from submission to work order completion. Communicate daily and report backlog weekly.
* Support the maintenance and planning groups in the mill to improve shutdown efficiencies and reduce unplanned downtime.
* Provide labor and cost estimates based on historical labor, material and outside services.
* Function as part of the Maintenance Management team utilizing lean manufacturing tools to increase machine reliability utilizing CMMS, Pareto charts, Kaizen events, Autonomous Maintenance, FMEA and other lean manufacturing tools as directed.
* Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy and all other company policies.
* Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager.