Responsible for coordinating policies and programs for employment, labor relations, wage and salary administration, fringe benefit administration, training, placement, safety, insurance and health benefits, and employee services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Processes hourly employee time management through Kronos. Works with plant supervision in scheduling vacation for crewing purposes.
- Coordinates employment activities, assuring that properly qualified employees are recruited and hired for company positions.
- Contacts various sources of labor supply to recruit; interviews job applicants and checks personal qualifications against job requirements, following information supplied as to general, specific or immediate needs; refers applicants to plant supervisory personnel for interview and approval; investigates references and handles details of employee induction.
- Directs new employee orientation and training programs; signs up new employees for various programs. Maintains all training records of ongoing programs, including safety training records.
- Answers routine inquiries from inside and outside the company on employment verifications, benefits claims processing and job openings in line with written company policy on these matters.
- Maintains employment resumes, application forms, and applicant flow logs in line with company policy. Places job orders with state job service and classified advertisements in local newspapers. Sorts responses and turns over to appropriate manager.
- Verifies unemployment insurance claims and refers exceptions to appropriate manager.
- Maintains employee personnel files in line with company policies and government regulations. Retains records in line with company record retention requirements.
- Maintains plant and office bulletin boards in an up-to-date and legal compliance manner.
- Counsels employees on benefit plan provisions.
- Coordinates and participates with plant supervision in disciplinary or termination proceedings involving individuals.
- Coordinates safety and personnel programs and activities, and recommends changes or innovations when desirable.
- Assists in keeping employees informed of all changes in personnel policies. Assists in the solutions and appropriate adjustments to complaints received from management personnel and employees.
- Ensures a safe and healthy workplace.
- Coordinates the administration of employee health and benefit programs.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- May conduct surveys of personnel practices and wage surveys in other companies in the area.
- May sub for the Customer Service Rep during vacations.