Position Summary: This entry level Safety Coordinator position will partner with plant leadership on the implementation of safety programs; assists in the planning, developing and coordinating of all safety protocols. In addition, will be an active contributor in all regional safety initiatives. There is a lot of growth potential with this position.
- Schedules and trains all OSHA required training programs to all facility employees.
- Responsible for setting up all specialized training programs such as First Aid, CPR and Fire Evacuation Drills.
- Ensures audit compliance is in place such as Fire Extinguisher Monthly Audits, Powered Industrial Trucks, etc.
- Works closely with Supervisors on the investigation of all safety incidents and ensures full investigations and corrective actions are in place. .
- Inspects and reports any safety related concerns with the maintenance department and or other required parties and follows proper work orders requests and follow-up.
- Works closely with Human Resources to determine trends in accidents or safety concerns to identify additional training requirements.
- Provides guidance and consistent communication with employees and adherence to safety compliance.
- Works closely with Corporate approved vendor on safety PPE and the ordering and inventory process. Facilitates weekly start-up meetings with regard to all safety topics and trainings.
- Reports and acts on all food safety and quality problems reported by plant personnel.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.