The Warehouse Manager is responsible for directing, planning and coordinating the daily activities of the warehouse, including labor scheduling, supervising of warehouse employees, ensuring and managing the effective flow of materials within the plant and warehouse. Responsible for the development of employees while ensuring high productivity. Ensures a safe and healthy workplace.
- Plan and schedule all distribution services including: receiving, storing, shipping, delivery, cutting and handling returned/damaged goods to ensure customer requirements are met in an efficient manner.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Ensure accurate inventory control of each product in the warehouse.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring employee safety and site security procedures and protocols.
- Ensures that equipment is well maintained and available when needed. Reports when equipment needs to be serviced in a timely fashion to manager.
- Monitors the use of materials and obtains needed materials in a timely fashion.
- Maintain good working relationships with vendors and customers.
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures
- Write thorough descriptions of problems, facilitate process to get to a root cause that applies the principals of Root Cause Problem Solving.
- Oversees logistics; ensures timely delivery of product. Reports on logistics, plans for future needs and communicates effectively with all stakeholders.
- Control and direct all transportation functions of outbound customer orders and inbound materials orders to ensure meeting of company standards for customer service, cost and timeliness.
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar QMS policies and procedures. This position is considered the site Quality Champion.
- Ensures conformity of purchased material and final products to meet quality standards.
- Prepares Certificate of Analysis and internal/external quality audits. Investigates and prepares responses to customer quality inquiries.
- Direct and oversee job assignments and plan daily labor schedules. Plan long range labor needs.
- Communicates KPIs to the shipping/receiving department. Ensures planned KPI’s are met for department and follows up on any countermeasures to drive through implementation.
- Ensures that the department is trained on operating safely and complying with company policy, rules and standards. Evaluates direct reports and provides feedback and coaching to employees.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.