Caraustar is seeking an individual in our Corporate Centralized Buying Organization to be responsible for processing orders from all Caraustar facilities to external suppliers. The individual will work with requestors to understand requirements including specifications, services, performance and timing. The individual is knowledgeable about national, regional and local contract agreements and assures compliance within their commodities. This person will be responsible for PO placement, PO tracking and expediting, Contract compliance and other duties as assigned. This will require working directly with operators, functional experts, and the Category Managers to drive the strategy and deliver on the total cost out commitments to the business.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process purchase orders and act as a liaison between the employees of Caraustar and their Suppliers
- Resolve discrepancies and/or issues as they occur during the purchase order cycle
- Follow up with suppliers when orders are beyond requested due date
- Individual works to build a strong partnership within the operating group to help drive process improvements and presents innovative solutions to recurring issues
- Resolves accounts payable discrepancies
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.