Maintains financial records; and performs general clerical accounting functions in support of staff such as sorting documents, JD Edwards (JDE) maintenance, calculating and/or verifying order amounts, run month end reports and month end financial closing duties for Austell Mill One, Mill Two and Sweetwater Paperboard.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Accurately enter receipts into JDE.
- Apply General Ledger (GL) code to non-Purchase Order (PO) invoices and resolve issues with PO invoices in JDE Workflow
- Work closely with Mill personnel to resolve invoicing and receiving discrepancies
- Resolves invoice, issues with vendors in a timely fashion.
- File and maintain receiving records.
- Research Profit & Loss (P&L) for Mill Management.
- Prepare Accounts Payable (AP) accruals for Corporate Accounting at month end
- Ensures a safe and healthy workplace.
- Job is restricted to 40 hours per week with limited overtime (requires prior approval)
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Run various month end reports as requested.
- Researches invoice and payment processing problems.
- Assist with internal audit requests
- Assist in training of employees in JDE and the related area as appropriate.