The Warehouse Manager is responsible directing, planning and coordinating the daily activities of the warehouse, including labor scheduling, supervising of warehouse employees, ensuring and managing the effective flow of materials within the plant and external warehouse.Responsible for the development of employees while ensuring high productivity. Ensures a safe and healthy workplace.
- Plan and schedule all distribution services including, receiving, storing, shipping, delivery, cutting and handling returned/damaged goods to ensure customer requirements are met in an efficient manner.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring employee safety and site security procedures and protocols.
- Direct and oversee job assignments and plan daily labor schedules. Plan long range labor needs.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Oversees logistics; ensures timely delivery of product. Reports on logistics, plans for future needs and communicates effectively with all stakeholders.
- Ensure accurate inventory control of each product in the warehouse.
- Acts as a change agent to support continuous improvement and production efficiency efforts with safety and quality at the forefront.
- Communicates KPIs to the shipping/receiving department. Ensures planned KPI’s are met for department and follows up on any countermeasures to drive through implementation.
- Control and direct all transportation functions of outbound customer orders and inbound materials orders to ensure meeting of company standards for customer service, cost and timeliness.
- Write thorough descriptions of problems, facilitate process to get to a root cause that applies the principals of Root Cause Problem Solving.
- Plan and lead Kaizen activities and sustain results. Provides training and leadership of employees in a participative, continuous improvement environment.
- Takes ownership to prepare for and lead department daily Gemba walks.
- Evaluates direct reports and provides feedback and coaching to employees and Warehouse Supervisor.
- Ensures a safe and healthy workplace.
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures. Ensures that the department is trained on operating safely and complying with company policy, rules and standards.
- Maintain good working relationships with vendors and customers.
- Ensures that equipment is well maintained and available when needed.
- Monitors the use of materials.
- Obtains needed materials in a timely fashion.
- Reports when equipment needs to be serviced in a timely fashion to manager.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.