Caraustar Industries, Inc., an industry leader in paperboard products, seeks Entry Level Printing Trainees to join our thriving team in Kingston Springs, TN. This role uses mechanical and manufacturing aptitude to work with large printing equipment.
To our Printing Trainee Employees, we offer:
- Competitive pay plus a $500 signing bonus
- 12 hour shifts with 3-4 day work weeks; long weekends every other week, less commute time!
- Quick advancement opportunity
- Medical, dental and vision coverage with employee contribution
- 401(k) with 5% company match
- Vacation time
- Personal Days
Caraustar Industries, Inc. is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. We aim to be a socially responsible corporation, and remain committed to environmentally sound practices while providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar serves the four principal recycled boxboard product end-use markets: tubes and cores; folding cartons; gypsum facing paper and specialty paperboard products. For more about us, please visit our website at www.caraustar.com.
- Checks production schedule.
- Reads and understands work order.
- Prepares (bends) plates for upcoming job and stages them.
- Prepares Ink for upcoming job and returns unused Ink.
- Prepares coating plate and returns previous uses plate.
- Assist press crew during press wash up and make-ready.
- Reads all UPC and 2of5 codes.
- Relieves press crews for breaks and lunch.
- Refills coating drum and foundation solution tanks. Replaces filters as needed.
- Responsible for press room housekeeping. Associate is responsible to keep work area clean, empty trash, sweep daily (vacuum floors and under press) and maintain a 5S status on both presses.
- Keep all printing supplies staged (Rags, wash up solution and MRC).
- Empties dirty rag buckets daily.
- Informs supervisor when supplies are low.
- Cross train on duties of 2nd press operator.
- Assist with roller changes.
- Perform basic press maintenance.
- Knowledge of job hazard and Lockout procedure – reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Comply with plant safety and Personal Protective Equipment requirements.
- Promptly reports any food safety and quality concerns to the Department Manager or Quality Team.
- Removes scrap pallet from the press.
- Return mylars to storage.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain a valid tow motor license and pass tow motor exam.
- Ability to pass isochromatic color vision test yearly.
- Job requires reading comprehension, strong mechanical aptitude and availability to work overtime as needed.
- Must also be detail-oriented and have excellent quality driven work habits.
- Ability and desire to advance through the job line of progression to become a 2nd/1st press operator. Caraustar provides on the job training!
- Lifting from floor to waist up to 35 lbs. frequently. Able to bend, squat, step up steps to sheeter platform.
- Pushing/pulling using manual pallet jack to move pallets (Av. 1000lbs, 55” high) of paperboard.
- Manufacturing environment, noisy at times (hearing protection required), heated and cooled.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed