Improve the productivity and work quality of the Toledo IPG plants and the North Region IPG plants by developing the planning, scheduling and preventive maintenance foundation. Improving the parts, materials, and equipment operator care programs. Improve reliability through precision maintenance practices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the reliability processes and maintenance department of the Toledo plant. Also provides break-down maintenance and equipment installation assistance to the other North region IPG plants.
- Coordinates, arranges and supervises the completion of corrective and preventive and predictive maintenance (PM,PdM) in accordance with company safety procedures and integrates these PMs into the daily plans of the plant.
- Understand the ideals of precision maintenance, precision assembly. Will need to coach this practice to all reports to eliminate infant mortality in our repairs.
- Write and document job plans, safe work procedures for major equipment and furnishings to insure safe, operable condition. Works with all departments to schedule projects and/or develop project scope.
- Assist in coordinating all PM/TPM activities with plant supervisors.
- Evaluates long-term needs in relation to major projects and property improvements, and makes recommendations to Management.
- Develops, implements, reviews, updates and improves equipment records in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), including: entering work orders; entering existing and new equipment; organizing the hierarchy of the equipment; update equipment change outs; closing completed work orders; entering safety documents and SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) that will be linked to the work orders; create and maintain maintenance spare parts inventory.
- Help to establish critical spare parts to ensure availability of critical spares to support operational efficiency.
- Adheres to all safety policies. Participates in complex-wide safety, housekeeping, and continuous improvement programs (Operational Excellence, Lean Manufacturing, etc.).
- Willing to travel
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures related to maintenance and safety.
- Completes other assignments as deemed appropriate.