Caraustar Industries, Inc., an industry leader in paperboard products, seeks a Customer Service Representative to join our digital team. Working in our Consumer Packaging Group, the Customer Service Representative will be responsible for delighting customers with excellent service, maintaining internal and external relationships and working efficiently in a fast paced environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delight customers by providing superior customer service.
- Work on maintaining and contributing to our e-commerce platform.
- Ability to multi-task to manage multiple accounts, identify customer concerns and needs, and maintain rapport with a fixed customer base.
- Work with new and existing customers and or Sales Representatives to provide personalized guidance and support to create packaging designed to meet their needs.
- Enter and maintain customer records in tracking systems.
- Schedule customer deliveries with transportation carriers, via Lean Logistics system and email/phone.
- Complete customer paperwork as needed.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, as well as the ability to interface and communicate appropriately.
- You will be trusted to work independently to meet the needs of all parties, including the customer and company.
- Must be able to support various elements of the position such as estimating, inventory management, direct customer communications, and supporting of the Sales team.
- Maintain and improve our digital process
- Individual will be expected to review several vendor managed inventories and determine appropriate run strategies.
- Assist with planning for vendor managed inventories and determining appropriate run strategies.
- Answer customer service telephone calls, e-mail, and other correspondence and take appropriate action.
- Create digital order plans, process manufacturing orders, and enter customer releases as needed.
- Communicates with operations to maintain accurate flow of scheduling and customer needed information.
- Created daily customer invoicing by deadline. Send invoices to customers via email, fax of US Postal Service.
- Create material or supply requisitions with Purchasing Department. Send Purchase Orders to supplies. Receive inbound material into purchasing system (JDE), and post to excel forms.
- Contact customers regarding collection opportunities.
- Sources transportation rates from carrier for new customer destinations
- Complete end of Mont/QTR/Year reconciliations, reports and close outs.
- Comply with Caraustar policies and procedures, included Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy and Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Other projects/responsibilities as assigned.