Supervises continuous run and 3rd shift (7:00 pm-7:00 am) operations within the plant. Ensures that equipment is well maintained and quality of product produced meets/supersedes expectations. Responsible for the development of employees while ensuring high productivity. Ensures a safe and healthy workplace.
- Oversees logistics of the operation; ensures timely delivery of product. Reports on daily production, plans for future production and communicates effectively with scheduling department.
- Acts as a change agent to support continuous improvement and production efficiency efforts with safety and quality at the forefront.
- Communicates KPIs with shift employees. Ensures planned KPI’s are met for all departments and follows up on any countermeasures to drive through implementation.
- Write thorough descriptions of problems, facilitate process to get to a root cause that applies the principals of Root Cause Problem Solving.
- Plan and lead Kaizen activities and sustain results. Provides training and leadership of employees in a participative, continuous improvement environment.
- Takes ownership to prepare for and lead shift Gemba walks.
- Evaluates direct reports and provides feedback and coaching to employees.
- Ensures a safe and healthy workplace.
- Ensures that the shift employees are trained on operating safely and complying with company policy, rules and standards.
- Maintain good working relationships with vendors and customers.
- Ensures that equipment is well maintained and available when needed. Develop, train and implement operator basic care.
- Monitors quality of product to uphold company standards.
- Monitors the use of materials.
- Assists with scheduling of personnel to accommodate production needs. Adjusts crew to various machines to manage workflow.
- Obtains needed materials for production purposes in a timely fashion.
- Reports when equipment needs to be serviced in a timely fashion to manager.
- Coordinates trials and customer samples & approvals.
- Acts as a backup for other shifts.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.