Lead the effort to improve production results for the entire paper machine operation from waste paper receiving through finishing. Drive continuous improvement in the performance of all aspects of the operation – safety, quality assurance, customer service, productivity, operating efficiencies and cost containment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Needs to be highly motivated and energetic providing leadership, technical expertise and training to guide changes to plant process and procedures in order to reduce process variability, improve product performance in customer plants, reduce manufacturing costs and improve operating efficiency.
- Lead and direct a production team consisting of a Superintendent, Technical Assistant, Shift Supervisors, and three rotating shift production crews.
- Must work closely and effectively with the Maintenance Manager and Technical Manager to improve mill operations correcting operational issues including equipment runnability, training needs, and process standardization.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement process by which projects and activities are identified, defined, developed and prioritized. Responsibilities include facilitating meetings, evaluating recommendations, planning and facilitating the implementation of changes, tracking activities and reporting progress.
- Must be able to manage machine runnability on a daily basis with the assistance of direct reports and support staff.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing procedures and related tools to meet the requirements of an evolving workflow process.
- Responsible for prioritizing maintenance needs and direct resources accordingly on a daily basis.
- Participate in downtime maintenance and readiness planning and project management activities.
- Performs all required duties and tasks in accordance with Company accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Support the Mill Safety Program completely. They must be fully involved in the safety culture and help drive the team towards an incident free workplace.
- Train production employees in analytical problem solving and decision making techniques.