Responsible for managing manufacturing activities to ensure that business goals are achieved in areas such as: safety, production output, operating efficiency, quality, costs, and employee relations and training.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar policies and financial control procedures.
- Ensures that subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Effectively demands a safe work culture and provides leadership to achieve.
- Oversees production control activities, which ensures material flows through production in support of the production plans to satisfy business goals and customer demands.
- Ensures operation is well staffed and trained.
- Audits Kronos Timekeeper and ensures proper notation of overtime, days off, vacation and any time an employee is working at an elevated job position.
- Manages product mix in production to satisfy existing customer needs and to reduce delivery delinquencies. Ensures proper documentation is maintained.
- Identifies and addresses the need for concentrated or additional work efforts in any bottleneck area.
- Identifies/seizes opportunities and resolves problems in a timely and efficient manner.
- Serves as a key interface with senior facility management, department and first-line supervisors, maintenance supervision, hourly employees, technical personnel, and customer service representatives.
- Pursues continuous improvement in production areas using standard improvement based decision making processes.
- Reports to work on a regular and consistent basis.
- Fulfills other responsibilities and expectations as may be assigned.