Supervises the finishing operations at the facility. Ensures that equipment is well maintained and quality of product produced meets/supersedes expectations. Responsible for the development of employees while ensuring high productivity. Ensures a safe and healthy workplace.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees finishing logistics; ensures timely delivery of product. Reports on daily production, plans for future production and communicates effectively with scheduling department.
- Acts as a change agent to support continuous improvement and production efficiency efforts with safety and quality at the forefront.
- Communicates KPIs to the finishing department. Ensures planned KPI’s are met for department and follows up on any countermeasures to drive through implementation.
- Write thorough descriptions of problems, facilitate process to get to a root cause that applies the principals of Root Cause Problem Solving.
- Plan and lead Kaizen activities and sustain results. Provides training and leadership of employees in a participative, continuous improvement environment.
- Takes ownership to prepare for and lead printing department daily Gemba walks.
- Evaluates direct reports and provides feedback and coaching to employees.
- Ensures a safe and healthy workplace.
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with accounting policies and financial control procedures. Ensures that the finishing department is trained on operating safely and complying with company policy, rules and standards.
- Maintain good working relationships with vendors and customers.
- Ensures that equipment is well maintained and available when needed. Develop, train and implement operator basic care.
- Monitors quality of product to uphold company standards.
- Monitors the use of materials.
- Obtains needed materials for production purposes in a timely fashion.
- Reports when equipment needs to be serviced in a timely fashion to manager.
- Coordinates trials and customer samples & approvals.
- Acts as a backup for Cutting, Printing & Shipping departments.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Complete other duties as assigned.