This position is responsible for LAN, WAN and Internet connectivity for 90+ locations across the US. This includes interfacing with telecom providers, the Service Desk and end users on all aspects of network management such as turn up of new circuits, configuration and troubleshooting local and wide area networking issues and outages. Additionally, you will provide research & recommendations and play a key role in the implementation & roll out of network technologies throughout the entire organization such as network switch installations, wireless access, Network Access Control, site-to-site VPN tunnels and hosted VoIP migration.
- Manage and maintain the corporate switch, router, firewall and wireless infrastructure
- Work with telecom provider on WAN technology, infrastructure and network outages
- Trouble shoot network connectivity from end point to WAN
- Provide guidance and level 2 support to the Service Desk in troubleshooting network connectivity issues
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP (subnetting, DHCP, DNS, SNMP)
- Strong knowledge of network connectivity, routing & switching (BGP, OSPF, VRF, HSRP, OSPF, VLAN’s), Site-to-site VPN
- Strong knowledge of wide area networking technologies such as MPLS, DIA (T1, DSL, cable, etc), COS/QOS, VoIP, network monitoring (SolarWinds a plus)
- Experience with Cisco hardware (29xx & 44xx routers, 2960 and 5k switches)
- Strong knowledge of firewalls, rule base, TCP ports and protocols, Network Address Translation. Experience with Meraki security appliances a plus.
- Knowledge of wireless access points. Experience with Meraki AP’s a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory concepts (user & computer accounts, OU’s, Group Policy, AD replication, logon scripting)
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to adapt instructions and guidance to the skill level of the end user
- Ability to develop clear, coherent documentation on both a technical and end-user level