The primary responsibility of this role is to provide Analytical and Technical support using a Transportation Management System and other databases to internal Logistics customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and cnfigure Lean Logistics Transportation Management System. Be able to troubleshoot setup issues, manage carriers, rates, routing guides within the TMS system.
- Ability to analyze complex data and financial reports, identify critical business improvement opportunities and communicate effectively with management team.
- Track synergy targets and savings from various transportation cost savings initiatives using excel, access and/or other data management tools.
- Put monthly freight reporting together and distribute to internal customers. Must be able to fully understand reports being distributed, identify and resolve data related issues and be able to make correlations between data trends to provide business insight.
- Monitor service level requirements and equipment commitments with motor carriers.
- Maintain TMS route guides, carriers, locations. Manage inbound and outbound integration errors between the ERP and TMS.
- Preparation of data for the negotiation of carrier services, equipment, costs, contracts, classifications, and international regulatory requirements as requested by the Corporate Transportation Manager.
- Review transportation communication processes and develop system efficiencies.
- Develop and execute business improvement projects to reduce freight cost and improve transportation functions.
- Implement and maintain company policy and standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with the USDOT requirements
- Conducts an ongoing analysis of alternative methods of transportation and determine optimal mode between truckload, LTL and intermodal based on delivery requirements.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.