General Description of Responsibilities:
Work safely and effectively in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Provide quality service and support to external and internal customers.
- Promptly answer customer telephone calls and respond to e-mails.
- Enter customer orders into OE System, and post to Ship Log (Excel document).
- Communicate customer requests or changes to Sales and Production personnel.
- Maintain customer data base in OE system.
- Gather and forward information to corporate regarding new customers.
- Back up for scheduling customer deliveries with transportation carriers, via Lean Logistics system and email/phone. Complete Customs paperwork for border crossings into Canada and Mexico.
- Complete daily customer invoicing by deadline. Send invoices to customers via email, fax or US Postal Service.
- Track customer’s inventory at offsite locations.
- Contacts customers regarding collection opportunities.
- Sources transportation rates from carriers for new customer destinations.
- Completes end of Month/QTR/Year reconciliations, reports and close outs.
- Perform all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar policies and financial control procedures.
- Resolves problems efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Provides general administrative assistance for special projects as requested.
- Back up to print product and customer labels as needed.
- Maintain paper file system for each customer.
- Back up for shipping FedEx shipments.