Provide technical support and training to drive continuous improvement in the performance of all aspects of the operation – safety, quality assurance and customer service, productivity, operating efficiencies and cost containment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all required duties and tasks in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Performs as a leader providing technical support and training to guide changes to plant process and procedures in order to reduce process variability, improve product performance in customer plants, reduce manufacturing costs and improve operating efficiency.
- Facilitates the continuous improvement process by which projects and activities are identified, defined, developed and prioritized. Examples include facilitating meetings, evaluating recommendations, planning and facilitating the implementation of changes, tracking activities and reporting progress.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing procedures and workflow processes.
- Maintain specified equipment records.
- Purchase specified operating supplies.
- Participate in downtime maintenance and readiness planning and project management activities.
- Provide support and training to employees to improve mill safety and housekeeping programs and procedures.
- Develop and maintain materials and processes related to stock preparation, including refining, paper machine wet end, sheet pressing and drying.
- Train production employees in analytical problem solving and decision making techniques as applicable.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- Works safely and actively demonstrates support of the company’s safety initiatives.
- Reports to work on regular, consistent basis.