Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 2,500 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization.
We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
We are seeking hard working production individuals to work in our Fitchburg, MA Paper Manufacturing Facility.
- Associates will work 8.25 hr. rotating shifts – 6 on by 2 off
- 10:45pm – 7:00am for 6 nights, 2 days off then;
- 2:45pm – 11:00pm for 6 afternoons, 2 days off then;
- 6:45am – 3:00pm for 6 days, 2 off then back to night shift and continue rotating
- The responsibilities of a Helper General can vary from day to day depending on the customer orders being run at any time.
- Assist running the rewinder.
- Assist with processing the rolls, including ejecting rolls, banding, packaging, labelling, cutting cores, setting up the next core and transporting finished rolls.
- During a paper break recovery, the Helper General plays a roll in re-threading the paper machine by passing a tail, feeding into the ropes, and feeding the pope reel.
- Housekeeping is an integral part of the job and the associate is expected to pick up any hay on the floor, sweep up and blow down their area to keep it clean.
- Associate is required to drive a forklift or clamp truck to transport rolls to the warehouse or broke to the waste yard.
- Associate is required to climb steps around the machine. Additional duties may include transporting of bales (fiber), preparing bales for use by cutting wires and loading onto a conveyor, and loading trucks.
- Employer will provide training on specific duties
- Must have continuous employment with verifiable references
- 2 to 4 years of production experience preferred
- Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts and overtime if required.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed