Grow your career. Grow with Caraustar.
Caraustar Industries, Inc., established in 1938, is one of North America’s largest integrated manufacturers of 100% recycled paperboard and converted paperboard products. The company is a socially responsible corporation, is committed to environmentally sound practices and is dedicated to providing customers with outstanding value through innovative products and services. Caraustar has developed its leadership position in the industry through diversification and integration from raw materials to finished products.
With over 4,000 employees serving the unique needs of the organization, you can imagine that it takes a vast range of skills to keep our organization growing. What does that mean for you as a job seeker? Room to grow in any number of directions, any number of places, and any number of roles. Your path begins here.
We believe in encouraging, challenging and empowering each other to be the healthiest we can be. When we are each at our personal best, so are our customers, our communities and so is our organization. We understand that to be a world-class organization we need to practice, encourage and support employee health and wellness. Today, some of the tools and resources offered to employees to improve wellness and work/life balance include:
- Employee assistance programs – this free and confidential guidance service is available to you and your dependent family members
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Health and wellness tools
- Comprehensive benefit package
Supervises employees in various departments for second shift and complies with all safety, quality, quantity, and housekeeping standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Caraustar accounting policies and financial control procedures. Ensures that Subordinates are trained and aware of the requirements of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy.
- Supervises all personnel and operations on the shift.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
- Reports any process and equipment problems. Calls the proper level of management as needed for assistance with problems.
- Organizes work for smooth operations.
- Ensures that established policies, procedures, rules and regulations are followed.
- Verifies correct processing of orders on the shift.
- Drives Caraustar quality system.
- Distributes plant status reports to the next General Supervisor.
- Works with shipping to arrange loading of orders onto company trucks.
- Supervises all processes, equipment, employees, safety and housekeeping of the area. Meets production quality and quantity standards on the shift.
- Drives change with Lead Operators to encourage production goals are met in a timely fashion.
- Works with HR on employee attendance and performance related items.
- Assists lines in maintaining line boards to track down time, productivity, waste, and improvement opportunities.
- Completes run sheets.
- Troubleshoots problems.
- Drives safety oriented culture.
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required.
- High School diploma, G.E.D. or skilled trade certification in area of specialty or at least 5-7 years experience in related field.
- Requires overall general knowledge of different equipment in different departments and plant processes.
- Ability to effectively manage people; excellent communication skills a must.
- Ability to proficiently work under intense deadlines.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed