Provide technical support and training to the paper machines with the focus on process control. Drive continuous improvement in the performance of all aspects of the operation – safety, quality assurance and customer service, productivity, operating efficiencies and cost containment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Mill Safety Program completely. They must be fully involved in the safety culture and help drive the team towards an incident free workplace.
- Support the machines regarding process control/E&I related equipment and issues as the machines continually get more automated.
- Needs to be highly motivated and energetic providing leadership, technical support and training to guide changes to plant process and procedures in order to reduce process variability, improve product performance in customer plants, reduce manufacturing costs and improve operating efficiency.
- Support the mill's journey of continuous improvement. They must be able to learn, understand, and teach the Lean tools being utilized.
- Maintain specified equipment records. Purchase specified operating supplies.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement process by which projects and activities are identified, defined, developed and prioritized. Responsibilities include facilitating meetings, evaluating recommendations, planning and facilitating the implementation of changes, tracking activities and reporting progress.
- Participate in downtime maintenance and readiness planning and project management activities.
- Performs all required duties and tasks in accordance with Company accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Plan, lead, and execute expense and capital projects.
- Train production employees in analytical problem solving and decision making techniques if applicable.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing procedures and related tools to meet the requirements of an evolving workflow process.