Provide technical support for customers and technical support and training to production departments. Drive continuous improvement in the performance of all aspects of the operation – safety, quality assurance and customer service, productivity, operating efficiencies and cost containment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively support the Company's Safety initiatives through personal involvement, helping drive the organization towards an incident free workplace.
- Provide leadership, technical support and training to guide changes to plant processes and procedures in order to reduce process variability, improve product performance in customer plants, reduce manufacturing costs and improve operating efficiency.
- Provide technical support for customers.
- Demonstrate and teach Lean tools in support of the Company's continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead quality related initiatives and assist in paper grade development activities.
- Maintain specified equipment records. Purchase specified operating supplies.
- Supervise quality lab personnel product inspection, chemical systems management, coating make-down system and paper grade development trials.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement process by which projects and activities are identified, defined, developed and prioritized. Responsibilities include facilitating meetings, evaluating recommendations, planning and facilitating the implementation of changes, tracking activities and reporting progress.
- Participate in downtime maintenance and readiness planning and project management activities.
- Perform all required duties and tasks in accordance with Company accounting policies and financial control procedures.
- Maintain/develop data analysis tools using Company designated software (Parcview).
- Train production employees in analytical problem solving and decision making techniques as required.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing procedures and related tools to meet the requirements of an evolving workflow process.