The B&I Analyst will Develop business performance analyses, financial models and management reporting for various business groups. Provides fact-based (data driven) analytical and technical support to help identify and drive strategic projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support role in designing reports and metrics to summarize information, leveraging automated solutions where possible. Help architect solutions that correlate information from multiple data systems to improve operations and overall profitability.
- Maintain, support, and enhance the business intelligence backend data warehouse used to generate business unit key analytics and metrics
- Understanding of financial modeling, forecasting, variance and trend analysis and experience with Excel and other modeling tools
- Ability to analyze complex data and financial reports, identify critical business improvement opportunities and communicate effectively with management team
- Develop clear and concise business performance reports with the ability to present information through visual (charts and graphs) aids
- Strategically oriented and able to engage in challenging yet productive business debate. Not intimidated by confrontation
- Outstanding project and people management skills with a positive attitude
- Must understand and perform detailed work with “roll up the sleeves” mentality but understand the “big picture”
- Track business improvement plans and measure progress against defined targets
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills in interactions with all functions and levels in the organization
- Present projects and accomplishments to senior management levels
- Comply in all respects with the provisions of the Caraustar Standards of Business Conduct Policy required
- Strive for the best, with the unwillingness to accept mediocrity in the level of performance and/or work provided and/or received